Reasons people opt for a wedge pillow
- gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
- laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR)
- sleep apnea
- neck pain
- sinus congestion and drainage
- following a shoulder surgery
- side sleeping that may make some sleep-related symptoms of certain conditions worse
If you have acid reflux or a chronic pain condition, a good wedge pillow can be the difference between sleeping or not, along with the possible complications of chronic pain or continual acid in your throat.
But a good wedge pillow can also simply make it easier to sleep and ensure that you get a better quality sleep that helps you wake up feeling like you’ve actually gotten enough rest.